Author Topic: A Few Thank Yous Regarding Our Little Do  (Read 6229 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
A Few Thank Yous Regarding Our Little Do
« on: October 20, 2013, 20:50:57 PM »
No apologies if this is a bit boring but we had a fabulous surprise party, and the nerves and the event itself do tend to make one forget about specifically thanking people individually. I think everyone there was thanked for coming, in speeches twice by me, 3 times by Robyn and 46 times by Abbie. Oh, and for the amazing cards/presents - Billy and I carried a heavy black sack of booty each back from KG! They were/are truly grateful for even the basic fact that there was a room absolutely full of people who were all there for them. Our thanks one final time to every single person who came is absolute and heartfelt.

I just want to thank a few people specifically for things that made the night the night it was.

To Salih and the Kings Garden staff for beautiful presentation, lovely food and faultless service of both food and drinks. As I mumbled in my 'speech' - it was always going to be there and I'm sure he did his business no harm last Thursday evening.

To Jamie Vincent for his musical entertainment, which was just what we had in mind and I think fairly roundly enjoyed. Oh, and for letting my daughter play your guitar on one song - thank you    :)

To Anne and Billy for bringing (to Turkey and then to Kings Garden) all the 13th Birthday banners and the like - they shrug it off as nothing but it simply is not - it is something we simply could not have done with the kids in tow.

To Jim Fraser who answered my plea for a memory card - I brought a video camera and can you believe forgot to check it had one inside. Jim not only donated one but delivered it to King's Garden even though he could not make it for the evening. Thanks again Jim it means we have more than memories and was incredibly kind of you to go out of your way even though you weren't even able to join us.

To Des Martinson who I finally had the pleasure of meeting during our holiday. Des can be taken two ways and I am delighted to say he is the man I thought he was, not the grumpy old Tory he can come across as!! We enjoyed a couple/few/several beers together, but Des couldn't make the party but was incredibly thoughtful a couple of times - but most memorably the amazing flowers delivered to King's Garden.

To Sam (Granny's Orange) for the cake, stand and cup cake display - again delivered even though Sam couldn't join us for the evening (something to do with a noisy wedding in Fethiye needing a cake the next day). I scoured the internet for a cake that would be just what the girls would imagine in dreams and found it - and Sam made and delivered. They adored it.

To a couple of couples who I believe are wishing to stay anonymous who enjoyed the event so much they made a donation to local charities - typically thoughtful gesture from these people.

To Heather Davies who again couldn't be in Turkey for the party but kindly sorted out a most important ingredient of the party - the visit of 3 girls to the hairdressers for a Birthday pamper.

Finally to Ali Karacan, AKA Ali Bey, the girl's class teacher at Ata School in Fethiye. A simply lovely man and wonderful teacher who cut short a trip to his home town to visit his mum for Bayram - just to return to Fethiye to be there for Robyn and Abbie's big night. Absolutely sums up the man. The girls (and Steph and I) nearly fell over when Ali walked in.

And anyone else who knows me.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: A Few Thank Yous Regarding Our Little Do
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 20:55:10 PM »
I should also add, I am extremely tired (another story yet to come) and if I missed anyone out who thinks they should be on the list, that might well be the reason  :)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 21:02:21 PM »
A joyous event indeed from which you and Steph must take huge saitisfaction.

You can both be rightly proud of Abbie and Robyn and I am sure that they are rightly proud of their parents for organising such a wonderful birthday.

And what a wonderful gesture by the girl's class teacher. I remember you mentioning him before.

Well done to you and Steph.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2013, 22:09:31 PM »
The girls with their class teacher at school in Turkey Ali Bey:

Abbie's face shows how much she appreciated meeting up with her English language teacher from back up to 2008, Jane:

(Photos by Nichola famously of Mozaik Bahce)

Offline poppy50

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2013, 22:31:39 PM »
Sounds a great party.  Good surprises will always take you back too. Although surprise parties sound very exciting, planning a surprise party is not an easy task to do. Apart from joining in of course.   Sounds a good evening had by all.

Regards  :)

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2013, 07:55:07 AM »
Oh Keith, I had a big lump in my thoat reading that. I feel we've all been there with you, what with all the fab photos and the udated posts.  Thanks for sharing. X
  :)

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2013, 08:09:06 AM »
It was indeed a very special night. I'm so glad our holiday was later this year!

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2013, 12:27:15 PM »
It looked like it was a very succesful evening, the girls looked delighted with their suprise. A lovely memory to look back on. Xx

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2013, 18:15:43 PM »
A few more especially for those who were there but don't use Facebook.

A fat brownish guy on top of the World:

(...in the foreground, the Birthday cake display)

Two others...

Happy times.

Offline Diverbaz 1

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2013, 19:08:56 PM »

Glad you clarified the description on picture 1, could have been so misleading :D  ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf