Author Topic: Coming to Calis for the first time  (Read 2309 times)

Offline Elenathion

Coming to Calis for the first time
« on: August 02, 2009, 17:21:37 PM »
I've just booked to come to Calis for the first time.  This forum really helped me decide to go there so thanks to everyone =O)

I'm coming on the 24th August and staying at the Aytur Hotel.

I was planning on booking some of the trips and quite fancy the 12 island cruise, the Dalyan excursion, the Tlos-Yakapark-Saklikent excursion and possibly the scuba diving one.  I was wondering if people know how busy these are and whether its better to book online before I go or whether I can just do it there.  Also, are these trips good or are there better ones I should consider?

Thanks everyone.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 17:30:49 PM »
Welcome to the forum:D

Book the trips when you get here, you can negotiate a decent price then ;) The boat trip is always good, Saklikent is another good day out which you could organise your self by catching the dolmus buses or via the jeep safari, Scuba diving speak to Andylin on here he is one of the instructors, there are many trips to choose from but like I said get over here and go and see one of the many trip organisers just to get an idea,most you can organise direct rather than go through the agents.

Tinx ;)

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 17:31:40 PM »
 :) Hi there, I think you would be better waiting until you got there, the prices can be quite competetive and you can get some bargains, in regards to other trips there's alot of them and they are well advertised, Enjoy. ;)

Offline Elenathion

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2009, 17:35:01 PM »
Thanks, I shall definately wait then.  Where do you go to find trips and book them?

Also, how expensive is eating and drinking in Calis and Fethiye.

2nd Also, how do you pronounce Calis and Fethiye? hehe.

I'm taking the advice I've seen on here and I won't be changing much money until I get there.  Is there anywhere near my hotel to do this or would I have to go into Fethiye?

Cheers again.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2009, 18:00:11 PM »
Chalish and Fetty yay:D

You will find all the trips around town or they will find you:D
and there are several shops that change money in Calis just wact the rates, they will be slightly lower than the banks and change shops in Fethiye ;)

Offline chrissy452

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2009, 18:01:30 PM »
Eating and drinking are very reasonable, eg last month we spent an average of £40 to £50 between 4 of us for a nice meal and a couple of drinks each.
You can change money in loads of places in Calis, all have boards outside with their rate. Also loads of places advertise the trips. You will see them when you're walking about.
Calis is pronounced Chalesh, Fethiye is Feteeyay. (hope thats close enough- can anyone do better?)
Hope this helps- have a great holiday!

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2009, 19:06:05 PM »
Elenation

It's a personal preference but we take boat trips with Jerry (www.jerryboat.com).

Jerry can be found walking up and down the front most evenings. Can email photo so that you recognise him (the one on the web site is years old LOL :).

Enjoy your holiday:D

Offline Elenathion

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2009, 19:38:01 PM »
Thanks for the replies everyone.  

I didn't realise there'd be so many trip operators.  The one I had seen on the net was Carole & Tayfun's which looked quite nice.  Jerryboat doesn't have much info on at the moment hehe.

Thanks for all the tips, I really can't wait to go.  It's only my second ever holiday  so I'm counting the days =O)

Oh, If anyone else is reading this and looking for a holiday, I had a hard time finding cheapish flights but I got the Aytur for about £23 for 2 of us for a week, which I thought was unbelievable.

Thanks for the pronunciations also, I was way off!

Elen.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2009, 20:21:58 PM »
The Tlos-Yakapark-Saklikent is well worth doing.  So tips.  wear shorts, as you will be in the water in Saklikent, and wear some good flat shoes i.e. trainers for Tlos as if you want to climb up to the top it's quite rocky and slippy... well worth the climb and looking at the tombs etc., Yakapark is lovely and cool and the fish is the best you will every taste.
Enjoy...
Jacqui.

Offline janmack

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2009, 23:07:37 PM »
We use both Jerry's and Carole and Tayfuns.  Food is better on Jerry's but, downside for some of us, he always stops for fishing!  Great if you're into that, however always a good day if the company is right.  C n T do the usual island trip and you are guaranteed a good day out.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf