Author Topic: Can't wait to arrive in Calis  (Read 1337 times)

Offline sq291073

Can't wait to arrive in Calis
« on: October 02, 2008, 17:51:08 PM »
Hi everyone, I will be coming out to Calis for the 6th year on the 13th Oct.  I was just wondering if anything has changed in the resort this year, also last year we went to the Ghost Town for the 1st time but we wandered slightly off route :D.  Am I right in thinking I can get a dolmus to Hisaronu then another one to the Ghost Town.  Also as we have no little ones this year we are going to broaden our horizons and see some of the other resorts and places.  

Anyone have any ideas on where we can go for days out......Many thanks

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 18:39:37 PM »
You can get a dolmus from behind the big mosque in Fethiye all the way to Kaya Koyu Ghost Village. Just look out for the ones with the "Kaya Village" sign in the front window.

There's a huge list of places to go for days out. I'll let other members go through them for you.

Offline Diverbaz 1

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 18:43:23 PM »
I think the biggest change carried out this year is the amount of roads that have been resurfaced:D

Baz 8)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 18:43:48 PM by Diverbaz 1 »

Offline sq291073

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 15:34:01 PM »
Thanks for the replies so far, its unbelievable the amount of change in the past 5 years, also nice to know you can get dolmus from Fethiye to Kaya Koy

Offline number2

• More than just a member
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 16:10:40 PM »
The main change this year is, the street has been block paved, and the front of all the bars and shops have been completely revamped as well, going down from the dolphin roundabout to the prom. Alan

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2008, 16:19:55 PM »
Another change is that the Dolphin roundabout wasn't called the Dolphin roundabout 5 years ago because it didn't have dolphins on it 5 years ago. This is mainly due to the fact that 5 years ago, there wasn't a roundabout there at all  :)

Another major change is that Fethiye is further from Calis than it was 5 years ago. This isn't the result of continental shift or any earthquake activity, it's because the old 5 minute journey was far too easy so someone bought a million traffic lights to line the route with. Timing is excellent, you wait 88 seconds at a red light, changing to green for 14 seconds, just long enough for the one car in front of you to stall, faff, restart and still just manage to be the only car to get through, leaving you to wait another 88 seconds.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2008, 16:26:27 PM »
That was a brief resume for people who haven't been to Calis for 5 years, manly due to the fact that I misread the initial post lol

Offline manofkent

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2008, 18:01:22 PM »
There are many places to visit for the odd days out.But if you have a couple of days to spare book a 2 day trip to visit Ephesus and Pammakule.Its something you will really enjoy I think escecially if there is just the 2 of you.

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2008, 11:27:30 AM »
try patara beach and the village

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf