Author Topic: Burglary - first report of the year  (Read 3823 times)

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
Burglary - first report of the year
« on: March 07, 2015, 12:11:34 PM »
Heard the news that some people got burgled the other night.  They have my sympathy, and reminds people to be on their guard, even out of the tourist season.

Mind you this does go to disprove the often quoted theory of the police and others, that the burglars are not local and come to Calis and the surrounding area during the tourist season.

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
Re: Burglary - first report of the year
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 13:49:56 PM »
Heard the news that some people got burgled the other night.  They have my sympathy, and reminds people to be on their guard, even out of the tourist season.

Mind you this does go to disprove the often quoted theory of the police and others, that the burglars are not local and come to Calis and the surrounding area during the tourist season.
How does it disprove anything ? Is no-one allowed into Calis during the " non-tourist " season ??

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2015, 18:17:43 PM »
The point I was trying to make was that the police in this area, for whatever reason, are reluctant to pursue crimes of this sort when it looks likely that there is 'local', sometimes neighbour, involvement.  And the excuse they give is that these crimes are committed by outsiders coming in for the tourist season, which in part is true, but not for every crime of this sort.  And why this disproves this excuse is that the number of outsiders in the winter months is considerably down on the summer months (even the previously high number of 'outside' construction workers as building work has been in relative decline) and the number of 'soft target' villa holiday renters is almost nil.  Hope that clears it up for you.  ;)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2015, 18:22:06 PM »
We have been told by a number of people that live in Calis that 99% of burglaries are in the Summer months when all the tourists arrive and leave open windows and door, so it's easy picking for the thieves.

Offline GordonA

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2015, 19:20:02 PM »
The point I was trying to make was that the police in this area, for whatever reason, are reluctant to pursue crimes of this sort when it looks likely that there is 'local', sometimes neighbour, involvement.  And the excuse they give is that these crimes are committed by outsiders coming in for the tourist season, which in part is true, but not for every crime of this sort.  And why this disproves this excuse is that the number of outsiders in the winter months is considerably down on the summer months (even the previously high number of 'outside' construction workers as building work has been in relative decline) and the number of 'soft target' villa holiday renters is almost nil.  Hope that clears it up for you.   ;)

I appreciate where you are coming from with the idea Monsieur Tickets, but it only takes ONE off season visitor with a robbery agenda to blow your view out of the window, just sayin; ......innit ? ;-)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2015, 19:22:37 PM »
No Gordy, one off-season visiting burglar would disprove the police's theory, not UBT's :D

Offline GordonA

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2015, 19:48:15 PM »
No Gordy, one off-season visiting burglar would disprove the police's theory, not UBT's :D

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh !! Och, I knew what I meant , but got confusimafiscated !! Sorry, Tickets Bey !!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf