Author Topic: Getting to....  (Read 1456 times)

Offline Elsa Padfield

• Minehead, UK
Getting to....
« on: May 24, 2011, 12:02:05 PM »
Hi all, my daughter's coming with friends in July and has told them about all the places she's been.  Seems to have forgotten that we hire a car!:D  So here's the list of where they want to go:

Saklikent
Yakka Park - they want to win the meal; she's already won the drink a couple of years ago!
KayaKoy
Olu Deniz

And that's just a fraction, but I'd be really grateful if someone out there could give me a guide to both the best way to get to the above and an approximate cost.  I thought that the ordinary dolmus would be the most cost effective but someone may know better!!  

Also, on a trip you need to have forward planned; am I going to get wet? Should I take dry clothes and where am I going to leave them [?]  

Anyway, all thoughts would be most gratefully received  - AND I'm sorry if this is posted in the wrong department :D

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Getting to....
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 14:33:09 PM »
When we first came over and did not hire a car we booked a day trip on a coach that went to Tlos, then lunch at Yaka Park and then on to Sakikent.  This might be a good way for your daughter and her friends to see the sights in comfort rather than packed on a dolmus that stops and starts all the time.  Remember to tell them to wear shorts or short trousers for Sakikent.

Offline Elsa Padfield

• Minehead, UK
Getting to....
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 17:11:59 PM »
Thanks, we did that the 1st time we went, but the problem was what do you do with your 'stuff' you don't want to get wet?  Do you leave it on the bus?

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Getting to....
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 17:44:58 PM »
Yes, most people left stuff on the bus.  We all took the same seats so just left our belongings on the seat each time we left the bus, obviously, nothing valuable but clothing is fine to leave.

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Getting to....
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 18:06:01 PM »
when we were over in may we did not have a car and used a taxi for 4 adults and 3 children worked out a little bit more but more convinent

Offline Elsa Padfield

• Minehead, UK
Getting to....
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2011, 20:58:16 PM »
Thanks, I'll tell them.  Jacqui, who'd you book your day trip with?  Can you remember.  The time we went on a day 'tour' we were going on a dolmus and got on a day tour in Fethiye.

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
Getting to....
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2011, 22:38:23 PM »
Elsa, A jeep safari will definitely cover Saklikent and Yakka Park and some also fit in Kaya and Patara beach as well, although time at each place will be limited. You would see all that for about £15 per person.
Olu deniz is obviously just a couple of Dolmuses away. I don't think I would fancy getting a dolmus to Saklikent or Yakka Park though.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Getting to....
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2011, 22:55:13 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Elsa Padfield

Thanks, I'll tell them.  Jacqui, who'd you book your day trip with?  Can you remember.  The time we went on a day 'tour' we were going on a dolmus and got on a day tour in Fethiye.

Can't remember who the operator was.  It was a very large, very comfortable air conditioned coach.  There was a guide who gave us a running commentary which was very interesting.  I remember he got the coach driver to pull over so we could all watch some tortoises mating... :-\

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf