Author Topic: Apoligies if my previous post was misinterpreted  (Read 1435 times)

Offline davidzz

Apoligies if my previous post was misinterpreted
« on: July 13, 2009, 15:48:52 PM »
Scunner, sorry if you felt I  was trying to promote a particular area as nothing could be further from the truth. I have only read the Calis posts today and was not aware of the issues, I am sure you can check what posts I have read and that I generally go into the ovacik, hisaronu and Oludeniz sections and went in to calis section after my post in the ovacik section earlier. The reason I went into the calis section this afternoon was because of the fact I was going to look for recommendations of somewhere to go and my post would have originally reflected that. Unfortunately I got caught up in all the comments and was quite shocked as I was not expecting to hear about all this. When I speak to people I talk about the whole of the fethiye area and my previous posts have always reflected a positive attitude, I have not experienced any of these issues . On reflection I think this should not deter us from going to calis as this was what we originally planned but need a bit more guidance as we have only been twice before. No doubt I am now castigated for speaking my mind and getting a bit emotional instead of saying what people might have wanted to hear, Will anyone bother giving me any advice now. :)  

Please accept my apologies

David

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 17:09:49 PM »
There are many places in Calis worth going to and they are on the main drag.  Keep you wits about you and travel in Taxis or Dolmus both available without having to go off into dark corners.  Don't give it a miss --It is cheaper than Hisaronu ;)

Offline davidzz

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 21:08:55 PM »
Thanks for your reply Heather, are we better to travel by water taxi,does that take us to the promenade and what time do they run ? We might go late afternoon/early evening for a meal, couple of drinks watch the sunset and then we can head back. We are as always looking forward to the holiday and thought of visiting calis while we were there but I think the comments got to me a bit as I was not expecting it at the time. I thought it may be better to stay local and not venture further afield this time but then on reflection I thought why give in to these thugs. We can still be safe and have a good time.

David

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 21:24:29 PM »
The water taxi is a nice experience and a great way to see Fethiye from the sea. A nice relaxing way to end your day.
We actually travelled on it when the sun was going down and it was ok but not as good as the sunset from the front.  It would be boring in the dark IMHO you would be as well getting a dolmus.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf