Author Topic: Exceptionally bad service from Scottravel  (Read 1333 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Exceptionally bad service from Scottravel
« on: October 20, 2008, 13:04:17 PM »
We have always used Scottravel Holidays. We were on their first flight from Aberdeen to Dalaman and have used them twice per year to visit Calis. I had always dealt with the owner's wife (I will not name her)  who was always very helpful. We always paid in advance plus £60.00 extra to get Extra Legroom Seats. Last June 07 we did not get the seats going out or coming back . I rang Scottravel on our return and the owner's wife was very annoyed about this and was most helpful and said it would not happen again, we got a refund and also free legroom seats on the next flight over in September 07. She emailed us her personal mobile number in case it ever happened again. She said if we ever had trouble at check-in just ring her number. It did. On our flights from Glasgow to Dalaman and the return journey in September this year.

We always book one year in advance for both our flights to Calis. We booked two weeks in June, 2008 and did get our Extra Legroom Seats and we had also booked for two weeks for 14th September until 28th September 2008. The flights were originally £536.20 but Scottravel wrote to us in August and asked for an addition charge to cover rising fuel prices, so the total charge was £599.48. As we had such a good relationship with the owner's wife we always paid by cheque.

On reaching Aberdeen Airport on 14th September we got to the check-in and I informed the girl that we had the extra legroom seats. She told us that they had already been allocated!! I showed her our booking Invoice which clearly stated that we had pre-booked the seats. She informed us that she had not been told by Scottravel that we had booked the seats. She then showed us documentation from Scottravel with no mention of our pre-booked seats. She told us their was nothing she could do, it was totally the fault of Scottravel for not letting them know. I rang the personal mobile number given me by the owner's wife but there was no answer. We had some refreshments and I tried again. It was her husband that answered and told me he would ring the desk. We went back to the desk and were told there was no telephone there to take calls. We went to the booking area, but there was nobody at the desks. The husband rang us again and I told him there was no one available to speak to him and that we would have to take the seats we had been given, but would he please make sure we got the extra legroom seats on our return. He gave me his mobile number and Scottravel representativatives mobile number in Dalaman and told me to text both numbers on Friday 26th September to make sure we got our return extra legroom seats.

On 26th September in Calis. I sent a text to the number I was given, also to owner's wife's  number and I forwarded it to the representatives number, and to Scottravel office number. (in all four Scottravel people) I received a reply telling me that Aberdeen would  be contacted on Sunday morning.

When we got to Dalaman. on the 28th September,  I informed the girl at the check-in we had pre-booked extra legroom seats, she said O.K. She gave us our tickets. When we got onto the plane all the legroom seats had been taken and we once again had to sit in normal seats. We had the most terrible journey, as my seat had a broken back which would not stay up properly and the man behind my husband had a broken seat that would not go down, so he asked my husband to move forward, as the man in front of my husband had his seat back it made it impossible for my husband to do this and he did move a little, an argument then ensued with this man behind my husband. It was a very unpleasant 5 hours sitting in cramped conditions with an awful atmosphere. We had been up since three in the morning to get our taxi at four, only getting two our sleep and had hope to get some rest on the plane, all we got was total discomfort.

This situation should not have happened as we had pre-booked our seats a long time ago. We are also at a loss to understand why, after all our efforts texting given numbers we did not get the leg room seats on our return. I emailed Scottravel the next day and got no reply, I emailed again, no reply. I rang the office(the owner's wife's direct line)  and was told that the she was not available but someone would tell her and the matter would be looked into. Again I heard nothing. After two weeks I emailed Rawdeal in the Scottish Sunday Post. I sent a copy to the owner's wife at Scottravel, at last she replied and told me she had been busy and would get back to me that day. She did not. The Sunday Post have written to Scottravel and they have received no reply. I heard from the Sunday Post today saying they are writing again.

We are extremely disappointed with Scottravel, who have pocketed our £60.00 and also another £60.00 from the people who took our seats. We feel totally let down, particularly as we have been Scottavel from the start of the Aberdeen service and have recommended them to all our friends. I have even given them glowing reports on this Forum. We would not travel with them again as we have no confidence in them, as if they can treat us like this over £60.00 what on earth would happen if flights were cancelled?   We are asking ourselves why they need our £60.00 so badly - could there be a reason they need every penny?
Jacqui.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf