Author Topic: Part 2 Boat trip, Kaya Koy, Dalyan, Olu Deniz  (Read 4127 times)

Offline flightyrachel

• Newly Registered
Part 2 Boat trip, Kaya Koy, Dalyan, Olu Deniz
« on: August 29, 2014, 09:15:08 AM »
Here’s part 2, our days out and excursions!

12 Island Boat Trip

It took me a couple days to realise that, just as the menus on the prom are all very similar, so are the day trips! So really I can’t see that it’s worth  fretting too much about which boat/tour person you go off with. The only consideration is maybe the size of boat, as some of the ones leaving Fethiye are mahoosive, and some of the water taxi ones are titchy. We did ask at the water taxi about a trip, but we were too late, they were already booked up for the whole week. (We left it till Tuesday to ask and the next space he had was for the following Tuesday.). Too lazy to go into Fethiye we googled and phoned Carol and Tayfun, and got picked up the next morning bright and early!

This was one of our absolute favourite days in the whole holiday. My husband, eldest and youngest son all ay it was their best day. I’m not really sure where we actually went, I think it was Rabbit Island, Flat Island, Red Island and opposite Katranchi but I might be wrong, to be honest I was having too much fun to care! The size of boat suited us perfectly, it was full but we still got a table, and could have shade if we needed it. We REALLY enjoyed leaping in off the side! (I say we… I did actually leap in once, but I think I punctured a lung so I didn’t try it again!) The kids loved it though, especially jumping into the shoals of fish that appeared at lunch time!

The food was good, plain but plentiful and served quickly. All the crew were very friendly and even minded my littlest on the boat, when he decided by the last stop that he didn’t want to swim again.

Best of all, halfway through the trip my eldest called home to get his GCSE results and found out he’d got all As and A*s!! (No wonder it was his favourite day!)

Kaya Koy

Wow!! This was my very best day. Well evening really. I couldn’t really believe that someone would come and pick us up from Calis (can you imagine trying this in the UK??) but I made my husband ring Muzzy’s Place anyway, and we thought, oh well, if he doesn’t turn up, it’s not cost us anything.

But he did turn up, on the dot, and took us up into the mountains (through the most hideous place I’ve ever seen, a street full of fake JJB sports shops, what is that all about?) and so began a magical night! The pool there is brilliant and was full of little Turkish children who enjoyed trying to drown my 16 year old (it was a bit like that scene from the Inbetweeners…) and playing with my younger ones. Jon, my daughter and the little one decided to stay by the pool while us others went to explore the ghost village. It was definitely the time to see it, totally deserted and amazingly atmospheric as the sun came down. We were totally free to wander wherever we wanted, we stumbled (literally) across wells, a lizard and a flock of guinea fowl! We made it right up to the top church, and looked down into the valley on one side and the sea on the other. My boys really enjoyed it and my ten year old said it was like being in Assassin’s Creed. I can’t really put into words how beautiful I thought it was, but, if you’ve not visited, you must!!

Back to Muzzy’s for dinner, which was beautiful. The best meal of our trip. And afterwards we got driven home, and so ended the best night of our holiday! 

Dalyan and the turtles

This was just me and the boys, and was probably the most ‘touristy’ thing we did. I don’t really like being herded about but it was really well organised and a great way to see a lot in a stress free way, I felt very looked after!

We did the mud baths, which were hilarious, had a great buffet lunch, cruised past the rock tombs, saw a gigantic turtle, enjoyed the beach and ate some crab. All really enjoyable and a very good value day. The drinks prices on our boat were particularly good value, I thought. (I thought of that boat and its prices wistfully when we were trapped at Dalaman for 8 hours).

Bubble Sea Park

This was another brilliant place, I’ve reviewed it already though! Easy to get to on the dolmus, and great value if you spend the day there, as we did.

Olu Deniz

I didn’t make it here, but my husband and daughter did and loved it! They went on the dolmus which they thought was easy and cheap. My husband loved the blue shirted bus manager who bosses you on to the right bus! My daughter said the sea was colder and cleaner here than at Calis, and she much preferred  the beach here. She thought the watersports were very pricey though, so much so that hardly anyone was doing any. My husband is a risk engineer so he enjoyed risk assessing the paragliding (if you’re interested, he didn’t have a go…!)

I’ve rattled on a bit, but hope these are helpful!

Offline Old Nick

• Newly Registered
Re: Part 2 Boat trip, Kaya Koy, Dalyan, Olu Deniz
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 09:26:32 AM »
Thank you, I think you have missed your vocation, unless you already are a holiday reporter!  :)

Offline LeeGlo

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 11:43:10 AM »
Just read through both your reviews, brilliant, your family seem to have done so much and enjoyed most of it. Are there any more to come? Hope so.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 12:50:01 PM »
Another great review. We've done most of those things over the last 11 years we've owned over there but I must say your reporting has made me want to do them again  :)

Offline sadler

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 18:37:11 PM »
Brilliant reviews Rachel. You certainly packed a lot in. Still loads more to do though, so looking forward to your next holiday in Calis!   ;)

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2014, 21:05:59 PM »
Thank you, I think you have missed your vocation, unless you already are a holiday reporter!    :)
Just what us Badgers thought .Excellent posts Rachel   8)

Offline Menthol

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2014, 22:42:56 PM »
Excellent reviews. It sounds as though you all enjoyed yourselves very much.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us, Rachel.

Offline flightyrachel

• Newly Registered
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2014, 15:08:16 PM »
Thanks all, so much, for your kind comments! We did pack lots in, but there still seemed to be lots of stuff to do that we couldn't fit in. We'd have loved to do another boat trip, we also planned to go to Katranci beach, but it was just so hot we lazed about that day instead.  We will have to come back!  :)

Offline Menthol

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2014, 19:52:38 PM »
We will have to come back!   :)

Such a shame.  ;D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf