Author Topic: Trip Advisor Top 25 Hotels - Two Turkish  (Read 1620 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Trip Advisor Top 25 Hotels - Two Turkish
« on: January 20, 2011, 18:10:06 PM »
Trip Advisor have their list of the top 25 European Hotels and at No.11 is the Sirkeci Konak Hotel in Istanbul.  We have stayed there and loved it, high on our list of the best hotels we have every stayed in.  They have seem to have achieved this award for a number of years now. [^]  See another in Antalya is No 24. Turkey is doing well.
For the full list go to  http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/TravelersChoice-cTop25

:D
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 18:12:18 PM by Jacqui Harvey »

Offline scorcher

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 18:17:02 PM »
Sounds like a bargain to me !

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 20:24:57 PM »
Totally agree for what we got it was worth every penny....You get what you pay for.

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 20:27:45 PM »
Stayed in number 24.....The Puding Suite. Only six suites in the Hotel but absolutely fantastic. Can sometimes get an early or  late season bargain ;) :)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 21:46:51 PM »
The Puding Suite looks lovely, had a look at the suites and for what you get the prices are very good.  
May think about a trip..  We did go once when we were on a cruise.  I remember a big gold factory, which I hated and we were dropped off at some shops which I am sure are not where not the main shopping centre was as they were near the harbour.  Will do some research and see if it's worth a trip.

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2011, 06:53:32 AM »
The Puding Suite Hotel is in the old walled city (Kaleici) which includes the harbour and is as different as chalk to cheese compared to modern Antalya.....similar in some ways to Rhodes. Where ever you stay there it is most certainly worth the visit. My only downside and I am being picky is they are very pushy trying to sell the boat trips but I found politely refusing in Turkish is normally accepted whereas we have seen particularly with German and Japanese tourists the touts following them with their clipboards making better and better offers to get them to go and once they have you on the boat they will keep you there for ages until they have enough people.....to get back to the Puding Suite the breakfasts are quite something, not many hotels will you get smoked salmon![^][^][^] :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf