Author Topic: Kthy-Cyprus Turkish Airlines  (Read 1553 times)

Offline daveG

Kthy-Cyprus Turkish Airlines
« on: June 11, 2010, 08:26:00 AM »
yesterdays Turkish Daily News reports financial problems for Kthy. Having un-succesfully finding a management partner it is said to be under threat of bankruptcy.Although Atlasjet announced they had made an offer, mysteriously this (being the only offer although 7 other parties orig showed interest)envelope was "lost" afterwards.
The airlines deputy chairman has resigned and 5 emploees taken into custody.Kthy having only 5 aircraft has posted 50mil dollars annual loss for the last few years.They employ 670 !!!! people in Turkey,Britain and Germany.
I am sure many other forum members like myself have had good experiences with this airline and hope that this is only a temporary blip. :o

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 08:29:09 AM »
Sad - they certainly are one of the better airlines to fly with.  Great service, good leg room and free refreshments (perhaps this adds to the loss though - people were ordering beers two and three at a time, not content with the one complimentary one offered [:(!])

Offline liverbird

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 13:19:54 PM »
omg
four of us due to go with kthy in august will this affect our flights
bit worried now as paid upfront for them in october last year.
thanks

Offline june

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 13:31:41 PM »
If anything happens that really will be a shame as having flown with them I think they were probably the best we have been with, in fact I was looking to book for next year with them, thanks for the info will hang fire now, having been caught out once with XL!.

Offline grahamturner09

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2010, 00:46:59 AM »
KTHY is a Turkish Cypriot airline the only one. The government wont let anything happen it makes a loss as it is the only airline that can fly to the unrecognised Turkish state of northern Cyprus.

Offline julesbob0303

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2010, 22:37:42 PM »
We flew with KTHY a fortnight ago and they were, as usual, very good, apart from a two hour delay on the outward flight (and SEVEN reservations on one seat!!!).  On the return flight, the plane was an "atlas jet" with very limited leg room, though the service was still  excellent.

Just hope all is well with them, as we too have flights booked with them for the end of July.  Fingers crossed .........

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2010, 08:32:03 AM »
Oh great! 8 of us due to fly out in August for a wedding - keeping everything crossed now!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf